Today’s smartphones already have an FM receiver! This means that all listeners would have easy access to radio for the entertainment they love and information they need, but wireless carriers are dragging their feet and won’t activate the FM chips that are in every smartphone. FM radio doesn't require an internet connection and won't drain your phone's battery. We need your help to make sure carriers hear this message: We shouldn’t be forced to pay to stream local radio – especially in emergencies – it should be FREE and at our fingertips. TAKE ACTION today!
Related News Articles
- FM Smartphone Chips a Necessity, House Dems Tell Wheeler March 5, 2015
- FEMA Administrator praises FM chips, radio’s role during emergency October 20, 2014
- Sprint’s Hurricane Prep Tech Tips July 10, 2014
- The presidents of @NPR and @MPR are #onmpr now talking about the importance of activating FM chips in smartphones. #unlockFM #freeradio April 27, 2015
- "When the power grid is out, the only lifeline for the American public is having an FM tuner," http://t.co/PChnh2FhUS #unlockFM April 20, 2015
- RT @JamesCridland: @paulgla "Is it worthwhile making FM radio a less crappy experience on mobiles?" - answer undoubtedly is yes. @NextRadio… April 14, 2015