Today’s smartphones already have an FM receiver! This means that all listeners would have easy access to radio for the entertainment they love and information they need, but wireless carriers are dragging their feet and won’t activate the FM chips that are in every smartphone. FM radio doesn't require an internet connection and won't drain your phone's battery. We need your help to make sure carriers hear this message: We shouldn’t be forced to pay to stream local radio – especially in emergencies – it should be FREE and at our fingertips. TAKE ACTION today!
Related News Articles
- FEMA Administrator praises FM chips, radio’s role during emergency October 20, 2014
- Sprint’s Hurricane Prep Tech Tips July 10, 2014
- Edison Research shows FM tuner in phones would result in more listening June 11, 2014
- RT @NextRadioApp: HEY! A big consumer awareness campaign is underway for @NextRadioApp and @RadioOnMyPhone – Have you heard a commercial on… about 18 hours ago
- Learn why FM Radio on your phone is a game changer for #publicsafety #freeradio http://t.co/ygK3Qy3LIO about 18 hours ago
- The @BostonGlobe 's Hiawatha Bray @GlobeTechLab provides the full story on FM in smartphones: http://t.co/gPYy8H3Oo9 #freeradio November 12, 2014